Wouldn’t it then make sense to combine these two plugins? Or continue the
development in the old plugin? Or should the old one be dereleased afterwards?

BTW: We can’t fork a fork of a Jenkins plugin (technical reasons). You need to
provide another git repository (or we create an empty one where you can commit
to).