Hi all,

We've been using a patched Git plugin for a long time and I finally got round to extracting it into a plugin.

The plugin allows us to set an environment variable (GIT_TAG_MESSAGE), containing the git tag message text — assuming that the current revision has a git tag associated with it.

We find this useful for associating information, like brief release notes, with a given git tag. We then have a release job in Jenkins which is triggered via git tag, and ${GIT_TAG_MESSAGE} is used to upload the app and release notes to Google Play or HockeyApp etc.

If that sounds useful, I'd like to get our repo forked into the Jenkins organisation:
https://github.com/iosphere/git-tag-message-plugin

Otherwise, feedback appreciated :)

Thanks,
Chris