I think multi-catch and try with resources are big enough on their own to
take advantage of in java 7 :-)
The syntactic sugar of numerical literals with underscores, and the generic
type inference although sugar will make code more readable.

As for Java8 bringing usefull things, streams to those that aren't in the
know can create very under-performing code when used ([in]correctly) at
scale and Lambdas despite Jesse's love of them are a half baked
implementation that is oft (ab)used to create unintelligible code and the
time API doesn't bring much that we couldn't do if we adopted JodaTime.

+1 to get the next LTS as Java7 only and the one after as Java8 only.