On 30.09.2015, at 08:30, Victor Martinez <victormartinezru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, if the security is one of the important pieces then any
> Builder might be affected easily since AFAIK they don't run in any sandbox
> therefore you might run "rm -rf /" and change the restriction label as
> "master". Does it mean "Shell plugin" (I know it's part of the core) is
> unsecured? If so, does it mean any other plugins which are using it are also
> unsecured? And that's an example of bypassing the "security layout". Don't
> get me wrong, I do like the idea of adding value to Jenkins with this wizard
> feature, but what I don't like is the way of filtering plugins which are
> useful IMO.

(Accidentally sent this to Victor directly)

It's possible to secure an instance well enough from this by e.g. setting the
number of executors on master to 0. Another option would be plugins that limit
what can be built where using the QueueTaskDispatcher extension point. Sure,
users can still wreak havoc on slaves, but that's probably less of an issue
than having unrestricted access to JENKINS_HOME.

Regarding the plugin criteria, it looked like a good idea to not surprise users
by including plugins that make any security configuration they may configure
irrelevant. Maybe I'm wrong about this and nobody cares (but then I wonder why
Role Strategy is so popular, complex security setups that are too painful doing
with matrix-auth is the one thing it does). So if there are others who think
that plugins undermining an admin-defined security setup should be allowed into
the wizard, please say so.