I could really use some help on the selenium grid
plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/selenium-plugin
I'm trying to bump the version number, the plugin seems to rely on
selenium-server-standalone, but this package is no longer published to
maven.
As a workaround the plugin seems to have a separate pom file that uses the
maven antrun plugin to download the selenium-server-standalone jar from the
hosting site, and then punlishes it to a (private local?) maven repository
at
http://maven.jenkins-ci.org:8081/content/repositories/releases.
This however does not seem to work on my end, nor in the build.

I have instead tried using the selenium-server (non-standalone) jar because
that IS published on maven, but then no server seems to want to start up.
I don't really understand how these asynchronous calls to start the server
work so I'm having a really hard time debugging this.

The plugin maintainer has also not made a change in almost a year, and not
released any updated plugin for almost two years.
Any updates (for example to bump version number) have not been packaged and
released since april 2014.