On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope one day to be able to use the Jenkinsfile to run and report findbugs
> warnings, to run and report code coverage, and more.

I would expect all that to be part of the standard script; there is
nothing repository-specific about it.

> Is there a way with the predefined script to still give plugin maintainers
> some control of the job definition, without defeating the benefits of the
> predefined script?

Sure, options can be loaded from per-repository property files or
whatever format you like.

Tyler wrote:
> unnecessary overhead (manually creating jobs)

Of course the idea would be to use an organization folder so there is
no need to manually create jobs. (jenkins.ci handles this with an
ad-hoc script.)

> stagnation (you only get JDK7 and you'll like it)

As above, it is straightforward to provide overridable defaults on a
per-repository basis. (jenkins.ci handles this with template
attributes, though loading from SCM on the branch being built is
generally better.)