(replies inline)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Robert Sandell wrote:

> What are the specs for the slaves that the plugin builds will be running
> on? I'm asking because I had to do some tweaking of my surefire parameters
> to make them fit into the slaves (sorry agents) the community plugins are
> currently building on. So an increase in available cores for example might
> make my build take all available memory ;)

The VM sizes that we have access to, generally, are listed here:

<https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-sizes/>

I have also done some cost-analysis and summarized some machine sizes that we
will likely be using in this document:
    <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/azure/blob/master/pricing.adoc>

I have priced out running a Docker Swarm cluster for full-time rapid use
builds, and those would be Standard D3 machines.

My /hope/ is that not every single job in ci.jenkins.io attempts to use the
most expensive VM sizes, but I'm interested in what you all think would be the
ideal sizing to meet the plugin build/test use-cases.

Th time-to-bootstrap comparision between Docker Swarm agents and Azure VMs for
testing is about 30s vs. 2-5minutes respectively, so consider that for what
plugin builds would need too.

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions :)

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy