On behalf of CloudBees, I’d like to request the permission to use the
following name that uses ‘Jenkins’ in it:

   - CloudBees Jenkins Advisor

To help people understand how this name is going to be used, let me
describe a bit about the effort for which we’d like to use this name.

CloudBees is going to launch a new free-as-in-beer
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/free_as_in_beer> service, delivered through
a Jenkins plugin, which makes Jenkins instances periodically submit the
support bundle (see support-core plugin
<https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Support+Core+Plugin>) to our
hosted system. Our system will analyze the contents of this, do some
pattern matching against known issues and symptoms of problems, and send
out e-mails when it detects new issues that require administrator’s
attention.

When we look at name approval requests like this, a key criteria is to make
sure it doesn’t create confusion about the origin of the effort. From that
perspective, this name has ‘CloudBees’ clearly in front of it, and it is
consistent with other names that are already approved. The situation and
the considerations that led to the approval of the past requests hasn't
really changed, so I hope the new name doesn’t raise any eyebrows and
result in a smooth approval.

I’ve put this up as an agenda for Aug 2nd project meeting to be able to get
a decision there. I might not be able to make it to that meeting, so I’ve
asked Tyler to sponsor this agenda item. If you have any concerns or
objections, please chime in on this thread prior to the meeting, so that we
can address them.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi