On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've seen two cases where JGit based ssh protocol cloning of a remote
> > repository fails on 2.73.1 release candidate when it consistently
> succeeds
> > on 2.60.3.
>
> You should be able to bisect then, and identify the first version to
> display the problem. From there it is probably obvious which changelog
> entry to look at.

Thanks for the suggestion (and the amazing power of docker to construct
complex scenarios with trivial effort).

The mistake is mine.  I decided to evaluate JGit 4.8.0 at the same time I
was evaluating Jenkins 2.73.1 pre-release.  The problem is either in JGit
4.8.0 or in the git client plugin calls to JGit 4.8.0.  When I switch back
to the released version of the git client plugin, the problem is resolved.

I don't know why it was specifically two cases with a single git hosting
vendor, and not with any of the other hosting vendors, but I'll take a bug
detection any way I can get it.

No issue for the 2.73.1 release candidate.

Mark Waite