I didn't get the sense that the BDFL would be a bottle neck when you
explained it to us at the contributor summit.
To me it seemed like the BDFL would only have to get involved if consensus
between the author, editors and other reviewers can't be reached, or if he
needs to put in a veto to stop something (in his mind) crazy from happening.

That said having Subject Matter Experts on hand to either serve as a
"Deputy BDFL" for a specific area, or just someone that gets an explicit
ping when a JEP affecting "their" area comes in might be good to have.

/B

Robert Sandell
*Software Engineer*
*CloudBees Inc.*