Hi all,

Sorry for being silent. I have blocked the original PR due to the BDFL
concern, so I wanted to let others to provide feedback.

The flip-down model works for me. It is pretty similar to what I proposed here
("Governance meeting mode")
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/1#discussion_r139899353>, so
definitely +1. It prevents the potential bottleneck and keeps JEP compliant
with the current Governance Meeting - driven process. From what I see, it
allows excluding the "BDFL" entity from the document for now. Generally I
am in favor of introducing the BDFL role, but I would do it in a separate
JEP.

Regarding the process, some minor comments...

   - I would expect Delegates to be discussed in the mailing list before
   the JEP submission, so it just needs approval at the governance meeting. I
   hope it also resolves the timezone difference concern, because anybody will
   be able to cast their votes in the mailing list in advance.
   - Having multiple delegates would be useful in the case of shared areas
   like Jenkins Core. In order to JEP to be accepted, all delegates should
   either vote "yes" or abstain. If a delegate gets assigned, it seems
   reasonable to grant a veto right (or not?).

BR, Oleg

суббота, 23 сентября 2017 г., 15:30:39 UTC+3 пользователь Daniel Beck