Thanks,

If I could go  back in time, I think I could have pulled this off as a
masters project.  Sigh.

I am hoping that once there is something out there that is open source then
it will be easier for people like yourself to get approval for contributing
small patches.  It would be even cooler if the Tools vendors decided to
contribute.

I think I will start with just the Xilinx Vivado Utilization based on the
Memory Map plugin, and then wait to see what comes out of the GSoC.  That
could be really exciting.