On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Oliver Gondža <ogon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the details, guys. I have rechecked all new API is annotated
> with Beta. I am wondering, what plugins are going to consume this? I am
> trying to understand what userbase will be exposed to the change, what use
> cases can be affected.

To be clear, this would be for the next LTS picked in May, not for the
current in progress one.

Existing artifact manager usage is unaffected, everything continues to work
as before storing things on disk.
Only when the new plugin implementing the artifact manager for s3 is
enabled artifacts would go to S3

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/blob/master/jep/202/README.adoc#prototype-
implementation

The new one is artifact-manager-s3-plugin
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/artifact-manager-s3-plugin>

Related PRs

   -

   JENKINS-26810 <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-26810> File
   attribute/symlink support in VirtualFile - fixed as a side effect
   -

   JENKINS-49635 <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-49635> Permit
   VirtualFile to serve external file contents
   -

   Jenkins core PR-3302 <https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/3302>
   -

   WAR packaging implementation for the reference implementation
   <https://github.com/oleg-nenashev/jenkins-custom-war-packager-ci-demo>

Downstream improvements to use the new APIs

   -

   workflow-api-plugin PR-67
   <https://github.com/jenkinsci/workflow-api-plugin/pull/67>
   -