Hi,

Sorry, I have missed this thread.

Is there any way at all that I can migrate the jobs from the old plugin to
> the new (artifactId:*gitblit-branch-source *->* gitblit*)? I reckon not.

plugin name != classpath. As long as classpaths are the same, there should
be no compatibility. There is a risk that two plugins get installed at
once, and Jenkins admins will be responsible to manage it. The old plugin
can be removed from update centers via a pull request to
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/update-center2/blob/master/src/main/resources/artifact-ignores.properties

2- Is it OK if I leave the artifactId as *gitblit-branch-source*, when the
> official repository is called *https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitblit-plugin
> <https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitblit-plugin>*?

IMHO it is not OK. But the repository can be easily renamed by any of
organization admins. In this case GitHub will automatically redirect
requests to the previous URL.

Other suggestions on how to deal with this?

As mentioned above, make sure you remove the old plugin from update centers

Hopefully it helps,
Oleg