Is the intention to move all translations from core and plugins into these
new localisation plugins? Looking at
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/3729 it seems so?

I started the other day to update plugin pom and core versions on one of my
older plugins and got some "illegal access compilation errors" because the
plugin was using hudson.model.Messages for some of its UI strings. I assume
this was added because it can break compatibility in case of refactoring in
core and suddenly the key is renamed or something.
But that access guard is now then somewhat void since it will be very
cumbersome to change a resource bundle key as you then need to change it in
30 odd localization plugins to not have them break, and changing them will
break older versions broken anyway.

So I'm a bit confused as to the practicality of this as the assumption
seems to be that keys are not guaranteed to be set in stone?

/B

Den ons 14 nov. 2018 kl 18:00 skrev Jon Brohauge <jonbroha...@gmail.com>:

> I'd go with option C. I'd love to help in Danish where needed.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/49d4147c-e984-4871-9515-59d5b423d018%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/49d4147c-e984-4871-9515-59d5b423d018%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

*Robert Sandell*
Software Engineer