On 11/12/2018 12.55, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
`xstream` is what we use in Jenkins nowadays.
`xstream-fork` has been created by Nicolas de Loof at some point, but this repository has never been updated to incorporate Jenkins-specific patches. And I am not sure whether it has passed the full test cycle. There is a splitbrain between the repos, and their README files are misleading. Since 2016 there were pull requests submitted against both repos, and it made the situation worse.

Whomever wants to update XStream, we firstly need to resolve the splitbrain issue. Switching from a custom XStream fork to the official XStream releases is something we should do IMHO, but it needs to be tested a LOT before we do it. Any XStream change may cause Jenkins startup issues and, potentially, security issues if JEP-200 classfilter hooks stop working.

Well, that surely is a noble goal but I am not sure if doable ta all. My impressions, mostly from https://github.com/x-stream/xstream/pull/106, are this will not happen.

--
oliver