If upstream doesn't want to support our features, is there any way to
refactor said features into its own library that works with an unpatched
upstream xstream? Otherwise, I suppose if we maintained a fork that was
regularly merged with upstream would be better than just forking a version
at one point and never backporting updates from then on.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 6:32 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think it is useful, we just need to update the documentation to clarify
> what is the purpose of the repo.
> It seems that we will have to go forward with a custom for of XStream in
> meantime, but upstreaming our patches totally makes sense (ones which can
> be upstreamed).
>
> BR, Oleg
>

> On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 1:34:06 PM UTC+1, nicolas de loof wrote:
>>
>> As discussed already here
>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/jenkinsci-dev/xstream-fork%7Csort:date/jenkinsci-dev/nZvl6Ra3P-M/7PPE3zX4CwAJ>,
>> the *-fork repository have been created so that the jenkins flavours of
>> those library are actual forks from upstreams, so we can better propose our
>> patches and/or pull upstream fixes.
>> Now, if you feel this is useless, fell free to remove the unnecessary
>> ones.

>>> classfilter
>>>
>>> Well, that surely is a noble goal but I am not sure if doable ta all. My
>>> impressions, mostly from https://github.com/x-stream/xstream/pull/106,
>>> are this will not happen.
>>>
>>> --
>>> oliver