What you are describing looks like an enforcer-rule report.
It's there to let you know that your plugin depends on a older version of
jenkins than what is required by one of your dependency.

So yes, you need to update your `jenkins.version` to match what the
dependency you added requires.

BR,
-- Adrien

Adrien Lecharpentier