Since there is a consensus in this thread, I went ahead and implemented
this story:

   - Default configuration:
   https://github.com/jenkinsci/.github/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml
   - Pull request which merges the configuration for BlueOcean and
   Configuration-as-Code plugins:
   https://github.com/jenkinsci/.github/pull/1
   - Usage examples:
      - Role Strategy plugin:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/role-strategy-plugin/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml
      - ci.jenkins.io-runner:
      https://github.com/jenkinsci/ci.jenkins.io-runner

Some notes about the current default config:

   - Default tag template (tag-template)  does not make much sense, because
   Maven Release plugin in Plugin POM uses the ${artifactId}-${version} tag
   format by default. It needs to be overridden in repos (see the linked
   examples)
   - Jenkins plugins use different versioning format. Release Drafter
   defaults to semver <https://semver.org/>, but the majority of Jenkins
   plugins uses the two-digit version number. That;s why I used it as a
   default in the global config
      - it can be also overridden in repos, see ci.jenkins.io-runner config

<https://github.com/jenkinsci/ci.jenkins.io-runner/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml>
   - Current replacer regexps target the common "[JENKINS-1234] - Change
   description" templates only, but we can extend the,

Obviously, contributions to the default template (and to other GitHub app
templates) are more than welcome. If you want to try out Release Drafter in
your repos, let me know. Disclaimer: see the permissions concerns above.

Best regards,
Oleg