> Should I upgrade the plugin to JDK 9+ or it's not mandatory because from
SLA perspective Jenkins should be upgraded?
I believe jenkins core is still minimum requirement of java 8. According to
https://jenkins.io/doc/administration/requirements/java/ 9 and 10 are
explicitly not supported. So combined with your last question, you could
potentially have users that can't use your plugin. I believe there's ways
to mark your plugin as 11 only.

> Jenkins does not support 9 so should I upgrade to 11 at least?
if you use buildPlugin() jenkins ci will test using 8 and 11, you can
probably use 9, but i would personally skip 9 and goto 11

> Is there any plugin that have been already upgraded and could be taken as
good reference how to make it painless?
When I upgraded blueocean, it was mostly fixing the tests and setting the
serialization whitelist.

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Java+11+Developer+Guidelines has a
lot of info