It's worth noting that I think a lot of good code and abstraction and
capturing of the problem already exists here:

https://plugins.jenkins.io/join/

I'm not sure if Stefan Wolf still watches this list or actively contributes
to Jenkins, but his insight would probably be invaluable. I will study his
work and try to reach out to him.

Regards,
Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywil...@gmail.com