Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update on the current status of this effort. We discussed
this in the Governance Meeting yesterday. The poll closed yesterday, you
can see the results at:
https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_1bd92a17371a1ca5. They
are also shown below:

Result
1. *Controller*  (Condorcet winner: wins contests with all other choices)
2. Manager  loses to Controller by 95–35
3. Coordinator  loses to Controller by 98–37, loses to Manager by 69–59
4. Primary  loses to Controller by 90–44, loses to Coordinator by 66–63
5. Main  loses to Controller by 97–36, loses to Primary by 68–47
6. Director  loses to Controller by 110–21, loses to Main by 70–56
7. Leader  loses to Controller by 106–24, loses to Director by 71–46
8. Executive  loses to Controller by 116–15, loses to Leader by 65–34

Our plan now is to take the terms from the poll and run them through some
checks with native speakers and Google Translate to check the
internationalization aspects of the options. We will make a final decision
in the next Governance Meeting and make announcements here on the
Developers Mailing List as well as providing context and information via
blog posts.

Just as a reminder, this effort is to replace the "Jenkins application"
term, for what used to be termed the "Jenkins Master." In addition to this
usage of "master" we also have the concept of the "master" node that can
exist in the Jenkins Application. We will determine next steps on replacing
that term (for that node) in the future (because the terms in the list
below do not necessarily match the requirements in the context of nodes).

We want to thank everyone who participated in the poll. We are working hard
to get these changes going on this important effort.

Regards,

Alex Earl