> I suspect this is just the most visible special case of a general
> problem that the ATH tests are using the latest release at the time of
> the test run, regardless of what versions your POM asks to test
> against. This is a bad thing IMO: as one example, it means tests can
> start failing in a PR which did not change sources, leading to
> confusion.

Yes, I had that problem a couple of weeks ago. One of my dependencies upgraded
its Jenkins version to a higher version than the version I was using in my UI
tests: that broke my build.

A possible workaround would be to use our plugin-installation-manager to
download all dependencies in the correct version before the ATH container
starts the Jenkins instance (the ATH already can load a set of pre-configured
plugins). That would also have the benefit, that the startup time when running
several ATH tests will be reduced as well.

Do we have something existing that can extract the list of dependencies for a
plugin so that the plugin-installation-manager can be feeded with that input?