Hi all,

I would like to follow-up on the previous discussions about the future of
Stapler. De-facto Stapler is a legacy project widely used only in Jenkins
(Jenkins core and plugins, and the old account app). I'd guess there are
little to no external usages left.

Stapler currently resides in a separate GitHub org:
https://github.com/stapler/ . It consists of 25 repositories, some of them
seem to be fully abandoned and unused.

I would suggest the following:

   - Stapler is adopted as a Jenkins sub-project, with explicit expectation
   that we do not encourage external use (and maybe even target replacing it
   by another active OSS project later if not mission impossible)
   - TBD: We move Stapler repositories to jenkinsci . If there are other
   related personal repositories, we move them as well
   - We archive all repositories which are no longer used by Jenkins.
   - Component Ownership
      - The Jenkins Core team becomes the nominal owner of
      https://github.com/stapler/stapler and other components included in
      the Jenkins core
      - Other permissions are retained, e.g. Denys Digtiar will remain the
      maintainer of the Intellij IDEA Stapler plugin
   - The Jenkins Code of Conduct applies to Stapler
   - Infrastructure
      - http://stapler.kohsuke.org/ is deprecated and replaced by a
      reference to the Jenkins sub-project page
      - Javadoc for Stapler components is republished on javadoc.jenkins.io

Would appreciate feedback from the community members and Stapler
maintainers.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev