Hello Basil,

Thanks for the references, I'll be checking them ASAP.

The Jelly part of Apache Commons seems to be an abandoned project indeed (I
tried their mailing list, no answers from that).

It would be interesting if I wouldn't need to duplicate the logic in Perl,
but I'm not sure how feasible that is. Looking at
https://metacpan.org/search?size=20&q=Java there are some promising results
like https://metacpan.org/dist/Inline-Java/view/lib/Inline/Java.pod, but I
have never used it before how well it works.