I would guess (looking at the classpath mentioned in the trace) that the
cobertura plugin is the first plugin to attempt the steps.  A google search
hints that there may be a bug that was just recently fixed in the Cobertura and
Emma plugins which has that stack trace.  You might review

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-11398

to see if it matches your situation.

Mark Waite