The Cobertura plugin version history
at https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Cobertura+Plugin#CoberturaPlugin-VersionHistory shows
 that the change is included in the 1.4 release of the Cobertura plugin.  That
version was released on 5 May 2012.  It is visible in the Jenkins Update Center
on my installation of Jenkins, so I suspect it is available in yours as well.

Navigate to http://localhost:8080/pluginManager/ and review the available
plugin updates.  Cobertura 1.4 should be in the list.

I'm not aware of a way to request notification when a specific fix has been
released for a plugin or for core Jenkins.  I like the idea, but I don't know
how that would be implemented between the Jira bug tracker and the process of
releasing plugin versions.

Mark Waite