Hi Mark,

On 07/01/2013 18:21, Mark Waite wrote:
I upgraded my Debian Jenkins LTS from 1.480.1 to 1.480.2 today using the
Debian package manager.  The machine was running with authentication
enabled and was using Debian, CentOS, Red Hat, and Windows slave agents.
  The Linux slave agents are launched with ssh.  The Windows slave
agents are launched with JNLP from a batch file on the Windows machines.

The upgrade seems to have blocked all connections from the Windows
(JNLP) slaves.  I assume that is intentional since I had authentication
enabled and 1.480.2 attempts to disallow unauthenticated slave agent
connections.  I resolved that by disabling authentication on the master
server.

I believe that is a consequence of the changes made in 1.480.2. I haven't upgraded my Jenkins instance yet to see this but I read the following advisory earlier today and believe the change is related to that.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/SECURITY/Jenkins+Security+Advisory+2013-01-04

Regards

Richard

After the upgrade, I see some "Dead" entries in the list of slaves on
the left side of the Jenkins opening page.  When I click the red "Dead"
entry, it shows the following stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
hudson.matrix.MatrixConfiguration.newBuild(MatrixConfiguration.java:218)
        at
hudson.matrix.MatrixConfiguration.newBuild(MatrixConfiguration.java:64)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractProject.createExecutable(AbstractProject.java:1197)
        at
hudson.model.AbstractProject.createExecutable(AbstractProject.java:136)
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:211)

Once I click through that "Dead" thread one or two times, the slave
agent seems to remain running without interruption.

Are those expected results that are part of the transition from 1.480.1
to 1.480.2?

Thanks,
Mark Waite