I just set up a new instance on jenkins and had it pull down an ANT
installation  ant 1.9.4. I pulled a job from my old jenkins server and ran it.
It invokes ANT to compile a bunch of java code.  The build fails with an
out-of-memory. I started jenkins to run under a 64bit JDK. The java opts on the
jenkins start up in jenkins.xml are:
-Xrs -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Dhudson.lifecycle=hudson.lifecycle.WindowsServiceLifecycle -jar
"%BASE%\jenkins.war" --httpPort=8080
I'm not sure if I have to pass ANT via ANT_OPTs a memory setting, but I did set
the environment variable ANT_OPTS to -Xmx2048m.  I do not see this set on the
older server.  I set the ANT_OPTS to 4096 and it returned that the specified
size exceeds the max representable size.
Not sure why I'm getting an out-of-memory on the new installation.  The code
ruins find on the older server.  Any thoughts?