I think I figured this out ... here is what I think happened.  The base version
of java that is downloaded with Jenkins is a  32 bit version of java.  When you
go to the manage jenkins --> configuration --> install JDKs,  when you select
from the list it will pull down the 32 bit version for windows.  Once I
converted Jenkins to run under a 64 bit JDK, the JDK versions pulled down are
64 bit versions.  My ANT code was running under the JDK that was configured on
the job page, which turned out to be a 32 bit version.
I guess Jenkins is downloaded and installed with a 32 bit version in the
windows native package to support a lowest common denominator.  This should be
noted as a caveat for the native package on windows.

     On Friday, March 20, 2015 11:56 AM, Eric Wood <eric.w...@rocketmail.com>