Point #3 is not possible because of this new change in 1.625.1?

1.625.1 is the first Jenkins LTS release that requires Java 7 to run. If
you're using the Maven Project type, please note that it needs to use a
JDK capable of running Jenkins, i.e. JDK 7 or up. If you configure an
older JDK in a Maven Project, Jenkins will attempt to find a newer JDK and
use that automatically. If your SSH Slaves fail to start and you have the
plugin install the JRE to run them, make sure to update SSH Slaves Plugin
to at least version 1.10.

If we patch the Jenkins to run 1.625.3, maven 2 type project using JDK 6
won¹t work anymore?

Thank you
-Indra

On 12/16/15, 12:07 PM, "jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com on behalf of