I've been creating Jenkins jobs as tests of various bug fixes and storing
them in a git repository.  Currently, the Jenkins jobs include the
definition of the verification steps to confirm the bug is fixed.

The pipeline file seems like a better way to check that the problem is
fixed, since the checks for successful job completion can be done in groovy.

One of the bugs I need to check needs to use the git publisher to push a
commit back to the originating repository and branch.  In the snippet
generator I can see an entry for "publishHTML", but I don't see any entry
that would let me use the git publisher to push changes.  A google search
also did not show any obvious hints of ways I could use the git publisher.

Are there examples that use the git publisher from a pipeline script?

Thanks,
Mark Waite