Hi,

There's no technical limitation to use this option (we actually already
support it to allow docker.sock bind mount on a dedicated side container),
but our experience is most user use this for bind-mount, which result in
permission issues and in most case are just short terms workarounds to
introduce bad practices. So we decided *not* to expose this option to
end-user.

IIUC your use case (from some private email) some legacy jobs you run rely
on a NFS server to host project dependencies. Relying on a bind mount would
make your build fragile and non-reproducible. You better should create a
project specific docker image, to include those dependencies (assuming you
can't update your build script to a modern dependency resolution approach).

For sure this require some effort to migrate your builds, but I can't
consider "*legacy bad practice*" as a valid use-case :P