In almost every setup example of the gitlab plugin
<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitLab+Plugin> like
here
https://medium.com/@teeks99/continuous-integration-with-jenkins-and-gitlab-fa770c62e88a#.byii26kal

the gitlab webhook configuration part indicates that the url to record
should look like this http://<jenkins-host:port>/project/<merge-request-job>/
where 'project' is the literal word 'project'.

After many attempts, i have failed to have a working url with a project
endpoints in my jenkins instance and thus i can't make gitlab triggers jobs
on push and merge requests events. when i use as web-hooks classic
addresses for jenkins job i.e.
http://<jenkins-host>/job/*<folder_name>*/job/<merge-request-job>/ the
trigger calls are made, returning http code 200 but the jobs don't start.

If anyone here has had the same issue or has any investigating path for me
to solve this, i would like to thank you in advance for your help.

*gitlab Version: *8.12
*jenkins version:* 2.16
*gitlab-plugin version:* 1.4.2

regards