pchitale, did you get an answer?  I am wondering the same thing.  I need to
reset the build number back to 1 if the release version has been
incremented.  I have a multibranch pipeline jenkinsfile that kicks off a
build upon commits.  When product marketing wants to publish a new release,
the merged code would have gradle file updated for android, and plist files
for iOS with a new version.  I read these files after checking out the
source code to see if the build number needs to be reset back to 1.  I can't
figure out how to actually set the build number back to 1 from the Mac OS X
agent node building our iOS app.