Hi all,

I have a Jenkins pipeline defined (Windows server 2016) and I’m trying to
get it to use docker containers instead of building locally. The
docker-slaves-plugin looked like the most convenient interface for this
among a confusing forest of different Docker plugins.

So I installed it and pointed it at my Docker image in the configuration.
It carried on exactly as before and ignored Docker entirely, even after
Jenkins restart.

I then found a hint that I should replace “node” with
“dockerNode(‘myimage’)” in my Jenkinsfile. So I did that, and got the
following in my build log (with debug option enabled).

Note the “docker create” line which seems to be referring to a bunch of
linux paths that just don’t exist and looks a bit hardcoded...

If, as I suspect, this isn't supported, any hints on which plugin to use
instead would be appreciated.

Regards,

Geoff Bache

Start Docker container to host the build

$ docker volume create

$ docker create --interactive --log-driver=none --env
TMPDIR=/home/jenkins/.tmp --user 10000:10000 --rm --volume
45aa67db1c5cc27820ebc3afd7abdd4a708b78f8d7ce2720fdbc2c7956ac2a52:/home/jenkins/
jenkins/agent/ java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/jenkins/.tmp -jar
/home/jenkins/slave.jar

Error parsing reference: "jenkins/agent/" is not a valid repository/tag:
invalid reference format

[Pipeline] // dockerNode

[Pipeline] }

[Pipeline] // stage

[Pipeline] }

[Pipeline] // node

[Pipeline] End of Pipeline

java.io.IOException: Failed to create docker image

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.drivers.CliDockerDriver.launchRemotingContainer(CliDockerDriver.java:176)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.DefaultDockerProvisioner.launchRemotingContainer(DefaultDockerProvisioner.java:88)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.DockerComputerLauncher.launch(DockerComputerLauncher.java:58)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.DockerComputerLauncher.launch(DockerComputerLauncher.java:49)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.api.OneShotSlave.provision(OneShotSlave.java:123)

Caused: it.dockins.dockerslaves.api.OneShotExecutorProvisioningException

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.api.OneShotSlave.provisionFailed(OneShotSlave.java:145)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.api.OneShotSlave.provision(OneShotSlave.java:129)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.api.OneShotSlave.createLauncher(OneShotSlave.java:154)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.DockerSlave.createLauncher(DockerSlave.java:96)

        at
it.dockins.dockerslaves.pipeline.DockerNodeStepExecution$PlaceholderTask$PlaceholderExecutable.run(DockerNodeStepExecution.java:573)

        at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)

        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:405)

Finished: FAILURE