I created a multibranch Pipeline with bitbucket.org as the source using Git
as the branch source with a passphrase protected ed25519 private key.  It
scans and builds as expected.

I can't duplicate the problem that you're describing.  Before you spend the
time to submit a bug report, you may want to duplicate the bug in a
different environment, just in case there is something specific in your
environment that is different than my attempt to duplicate the problem.

Bug reports for the project are submitted to https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/
.

--
Thanks!