My working bitbucket.org multibranch Pipeline configurations include:

   - Bitbucket branch source (username / password authentication)
   - Git branch source using https (username / password authentication)
   - Git branch source using ssh (ed25519 private key with passphrase)

Will your corporate standards allow use of a username and password over
https?  If so, does that behave any better in your environment?

Mark Waite

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 7:28 PM Randall Becker <the.n.e....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have 2 idle executors on every node, so that's not it. The hang is
> definitely waiting on a response from git fetch or git ls-remote depending
> on the situation. Version of git on the Ubuntu VM is 2.13, so that's not
> particularly recent, but sufficient for the function being executed. I
> cannot get this to work on any instance of any VM I have. Of note, there
> are no specific instructions other than the basic setup of the job (monitor
> the repo, run ls-remote, and finish). Perhaps with some instructions it
> might behave differently. When I interrupt the job, the job name is "null",
> which is suspect and wrong.
>
> I've gone to non-multibranch pipelines, as assume that this particular
> plugin is DOA - sorry about the opinion, but I cannot make it work, despite
> all efforts, so will not recommend it. If there is a working configuration,
> please describe it, and I'll try to make it work as specified. $DAYJOB
> forces me away from this approach.
>
> On Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 6:09:26 PM UTC-5, Meg Watson wrote:
>>
>> I’ll take a stab...How many executors do you have on the master and
>> agent?  You may be hanging waiting for an executor to be available to run
>> the pipeline.  I think I made this mistake once, had too few executors.
>>
>> Meg

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/a2538d76-8460-40bf-861c-57bff009df27%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/a2538d76-8460-40bf-861c-57bff009df27%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Thanks!