On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 3:55 PM Steve K <steve.kerxha...@carestream.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone successfully implemented the use of SSH to launch Windows 7
> agents (slaves)?
> I have been attempting to setup OpenSSH, but I'm falling short of getting
> it working.
> For one thing, the sshd never shows up as one of my Services, even though
> I believe I've followed the steps necessary to register the service.
> If I attempt to launch sshd manually, I get ACCESS DENIED, even though I
> can successfully launch ssh-agent.

I would not expect OpenSSH server to ever work with Windows 7.  It doesn't
work with the original releases of Windows 10.  Microsoft didn't make
OpenSSH server available until a relatively recent Windows 10 service
pack.  It has been working quite well for me from the Windows 10 service
pack on the 3 or 4 Windows 10 machines that I run.

> We have been happily using JNLP for our Windows agents, but, as we deploy
> Java 11 on our slaves, the JNLP method is no longer available.

Since you were using JNLP from a web browser previously, I assume that
means you were launching from a desktop login.  If you're launching from a
desktop login, then you can launch the agent with a batch file instead of
using JNLP.  That works with Java 11.

Don't forget that the Java version running the agent process must be the
same major Java version as the Java version running the master.  If you're
running Java 11 on your master, you need to run Java 11 on the agent.  If
you're running Java 8 on the master, you need to run Java 8 on the agents.

> Please share any tips and tricks you may have needed to employ to make the
> SSH slaves work as expected.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve K.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/1298b6db-6dd5-4226-8d0e-f394e50e3077%40googlegroups.com