I also opened an SO post for this issue:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58139761/pipeline-maven-plugin-not-replacing-servers-in-global-settings-xml-from-jenkin

I wonder if the plugin is broken or not working correctly for multibranch
pipelines? I can create a maven config file and in the "Content" all the
settings work, but configuring "Server Credentials" with a jenkins
credential binding is not replacing the "<servers>" section- seems to just
ignore it.

for now I have to hard code my "<servers></servers>" secrets and all right
in the content of the config file because the credentials arent working