This had no or very little impact on the time used by emailextrecipient.

Disbled email resolver against LDAP
Enabled LDAP cache

Checked a build that was built in Jenkins after changing these settings.
The emailextrecipients took 98274 milliseconds, almost 2 minutes, for 2
authors in the change sets.

/Sverre