Hi Paul,

Glad to hear your positive thoughts about the project. We really want to make
this a community project and are totally open to external contributions and
collaborations. I just merged our first external patch from you! I have already
been talking with few people who would like to contribute features to the
project. This is a nice start.

About the iot.js: We did evaluate and tried to use iot.js for our project when
we started. Below are the reasons why we decided to create a new one instead of
(re)using iot.js:

- Iot.js is written with C++. C++ is not well supported on Zephyr, especially
the new() method is not available.
- Iot.js contains lot of JavaScript code which adds size and performance
penalty to the runtime. We wanted to be as efficient as possible and used only
C code.
- Iot.js does not have modularity. You need to take all the features even if
you only use one API. IN our project, we analyze the .js application and only
build and link the APIs that app is using (both runtime and zephyr)
- libtuv: the fork is not following the upstream and is/was missing some key
features like UDP (IIRC)
- We wanted to focus on one RTOS and make the project good there. We may
revisit this goal at some point in the future.

Based on the above, the decision was made to create one from scratch.

Sakari