Hi Paul,

Thanks for directing the discussion to the correct Zephyr mailing list. I did
not know there was a users list.

It would be great if Linaro could work on ARM boards and also other areas of
the JavaScript Runtime for Zephyr. I already talked with few Linaro people at
Berlin Open IoT summit.

The GitHub issues is now the correct and only way to indicate bugs and feature
items. We are in the process of adding more infrastructure around the project.
That is, CI, mailing lists and IRC. There are still few moving parts before we
can have that available. So for now, let’s use the GitHub issues.

Sakari

On 10/13/16, 10:53 PM, "Paul Sokolovsky" <paul.sokolov...@linaro.org> wrote:

    Hello Sakari,

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 08:39:14 +0000
    "Poussa, Sakari" <sakari.pou...@intel.com> wrote:

    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > Glad to hear your positive thoughts about the project. We really want
    > to make this a community project and are totally open to external
    > contributions and collaborations. I just merged our first external
    > patch from you! I have already been talking with few people who would
    > like to contribute features to the project. This is a nice start.

    Thanks, and I would definitely be happy to contribute to the project,
    and help with FRM-K64F, and ARM targets in general, maintenance. Except
    that an original Linaro's plan was to work on IoT.js, so I appreciate
    the detailed answer below regarding it, that will help to align our
    planning/project management (I'm sure it will be useful for other
    parties too).

    I find the arguments below compelling - indeed, IoT.js design didn't
    seem like the simplest and the most lightweight. But then Zephyr.js
    lacks many features comparing to IoT.js, so would be nice to discuss
    future plans and prioritization of things to be added. I submitted
    couple of RFC/discussion like tickets to
    https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/issues , but wonder if that's what
    you'd recommend for such topics (vs something like a mailing list, and
    which then? - as you can see, I cc:ed this thread to Zephyr users
    mailing list, IMHO it's the most appropriate one so far, short of
    creationg a dedicated one for Zephyr.js specifically).

    Thanks, and looking forward to seeing today's ELCE slides/presentation
    on Zephyr.js online (I didn't have a chance to visit).

    --
    Best Regards,
    Paul