Hi all,

No backward chaining will occur for patterns inside a conditional
element. I was wondering that this will change in a future version of
Jess, especially for the logical conditional element.

So what I want to do is find a fact with backward chaining, when it is
found and asserted it makes a rule fire, causing an assertion performed
by the RHS of that rule. The asserted fact should be logically
dependent of the backward chained fact.

I could use duplicate rules, one to perform the backward chaining,
without the RHS, and one with the logical CE and the RHS, but that
seems like a very bad solution.

I made a system that uses backward chaining and auto-focus together, so
facts are looked up when needed. In addition, I would like to avoid the
explicit use of the retract and reset function with the logical CE.
I am also aware that the need-facts can't be made logically dependent,
so this approach will fail to a certain degree. Will it ever be
possible to make Jess automatically retract the need-fact, whenever the
needed fact is computed?

Regards,
Steffen.