I think Anu Raj Pradhan wrote:
> Hi all
>
> 1. I bought a copy of Jess in Action and am using the Jess engine
> downloaded from Manning website.  I want to try Charlemagne engine.  If
> I can dowload the Charlemagne engine, please do provide me the weblink
> for that.

It's not available yet. Keep an eye on the Jess web site.

> 2.  I am working on a personal project that uses backchaining very
> heavily.  How good is JESS for backchaining?

If your application consists of nothing but backward chaining, then
you should consider using Prolog, which was designed for that
purpose. If you need to use a mixture of backward and forward chaining
in one program, then you actually can't do better than Jess!