I think Bogdan Werth wrote:

>             Hello Jess-list,
>             I wonder if it is possible to delete old rules/facts in a
>             while-loop if they all contain the same ID in either
>             rule-name or fact-name.

You could certainly use the Rete.listDefrules() method and look at the
name of each Defrule object returned by the Iterator. It would be safe
to hand the name of each rule to the Rete.unDefrule() method as you
encounter it.

For facts, if you can't simply have a rule which matches the facts you
want to retract, you could use a defquery. That would give you access
to all the matching facts, and again, you could retract them one by
one.