Hi John,

One more silly question; is CLIPS more advanced than JESS? I see lot of
common syntax and features between them. Then why not use CLIPS?

Well, apparently there is a CLIPS Tab plugin for Protege

  http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/CLIPSTabPages/CLIPS_tab.html ,

but if you use CLIPS with Protege, you will have to go through JNI
since Protege is a Java application.  If you are developing in Java,
then Jess is you natural choice.

Also from some sources, I heard CLIPS is more powerful and portable
to various >other language.

Defending against random hearsay is impossible, so if you have actual
statements made about specific Jess performance or functionality
issues, let the Jess listserver know, and we'll gladly address them
point by point.

Cheers,
Jason