James,

I think you are expecting a lot from the FileServer portlet :-)
Try the WebPagePortlet.
It doesn't work perfectly on all websites, and there are lots of lots of
issues related to this (rewriting urls, scripts, session management). The
WebPagePortlet is a good start to a difficult problem: proxying external
websites. Please let us know how it works out.

btw - it would be nice if we had some kind of catalog of portlets

David Sean Taylor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed