Hi Dulisch,
             yes u r right...  but problem here is that the application
which we are developng is multi-user, meaning every user which can log into
the application can customize the portal.

            Let me explanin you briefly,
                        You know that each user have their own psml files &
off-course the detail of this "Sample" tab will be in their default.psml
files.
                                    e.g. The entery in default.psml will go
like this......

                                                        <portlets
id="P-102c5545c61-10021">                                // Line 1, Portlet
Id
                                                            <metainfo>

<title>Sample</title>                                              // Line 2
, Sample Tab
                                                            </metainfo>
                                                            <security-ref
parent="owner-only"/>
                                                            <layout
position="4" size="-1"/>

<entry id="P-102c5545c61-10022" parent="HelloJSP">            // Portlet in
"Sample" Tab

<skin name="orange-grey"/>

<layout position="-1" size="-1">

<property name="column" value="0"/>

<property name="row" value="0"/>

</layout>

</entry>
                                                      </portlets>

                           Now you are right that when I will click on
Sample tab, the url is appended with the portlet-id ( P-102c5545c61-10021 )
as in Line 1.

                But I can't hard code this value in the URL, because each
user will have different portlet-Id for the same "Sample" tab.

                So in last what I need is to find that how to get this
portlet - ID (P-102c5545c61-10021) based on the portlet name i.e "Sample"

                 So that I can use the portlet - Id  to go to the specific
URL.

            Thanks

Regards
Deep Kumar