Thanks for explaining it some more for me.  I sort of came into the
discussion late an just wanted to drop my 2 cents about turbine having some
work done on its caching system.  Just like you state, we could use the
turbine caching when we need the features of an in memory cache.  I was just
clarifing that we would not be stuck with just one memory cache singleton
per turbine instance and thoughts to allow multiple caches has been tossed
about for expanding the turbine caching framework.
I wasn't attempting to say that the global cache would replace any disk or
external resource cache.  Just that we could use them in implementing our
services.

l8r,

jb

[SNIPPED]